Antonio Sánchez Tetares
Partner of the legal department of “San Telmo Abogados y Economistas” (hereinafter, San Telmo) being his specialized areas the real estate, administrative and civil law.
Antonio joined San Telmo in January 2014 as founding partner. Previously, Antonio founded STS Abogados in 1974 and was the managing partner of such Firm until the set-up, jointly with other professionals, of San Telmo.
Antonio has developed his career in the private sector jointly with a wide career in the public sector, being of special relevance the following positions:
• 1973-1982: Head of the Wealth Department at Las Palmas de Gran Canaria City Council.
• 1982-1990: Attorney at law in the Real Estate Department of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria City Council.
• 1990-2007: Head of the Legal Service Department of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria City Council.
• 2007-2009: General Manager of Urban Planning Execution at Las Palmas de Gran Canaria City Council.
• 2009-2011: General Manager of the Legal Service Department of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria City Council.
Antonio has a Law Degree for La Laguna University and has a Master in Real Estate Law by the Instituto Nacional de Administración Pública.
Professor in the Practice Law School of Las Palmas Bar Association.
Antonio has worked, among others, in the following fields:
• Litigation processes in the practices of real estate and administrative law before several courts, including the Spanish Supreme Court.
• Litigation processes in the practice of civil law before several courts, including the Spanish Supreme Court.
• Advice to companies in civil and contractual law.
• Studies and advice regarding urban planning, being relevant part of the team that prepared the PGOU (Urban Development General Plan) of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria in 1989, 2000 and 2005.
• Real estate law advice to financial institutions.
• Prepare agreements for all type of companies.
• Draft of notarial deeds about contractual and mortgage issues.